Pet Grooming Services in Edina, Minnesota
Normandale Hospital Offers comprehensive dog grooming services for dogs and cats in Minneapolis, MN. We have two independent professional groomers available Monday through Friday who can take care of all your pet’s grooming needs. We can help you refine your pet’s look and attractive style.
To find our more about our grooming services or to schedule an appointment, call us today at 952-831-8272 or fill out our online contact form.
Pet Grooming Services We Provide
At Normandale Veterinary Hospital, we take great pride in how your pet looks and feels every day. We offer a wide range of grooming services to give your pet a complete makeover and a fresh, new look. Our services include:
- Bathing. We use hypoallergenic pet shampoo that won’t harm your pet or cause any allergic reactions. We give your pet a deep cleansing to remove all soil and odors.
- Brushing out. Your pet may be suffering from knotted-up hair. We can remove all the knots and smooth out your pet's hair with our specialized grooming brushes.
- Nail trimming. Our experts know how to trim your pet’s nails without cutting the quick. We can buff out the sharp nails and make them look attractive.
- Ear hair removal. Removing the hair from your dog’s ear will make your dog’s ears cleaner. Your dog may also be able to hear much more easily after we remove the hair using safe, sterile tools.
- Teeth cleaning. Just like humans, a proper teeth cleaning removes plaque buildup and whitens your dog’s teeth. When it comes to teeth, there’s nothing like a fresh start.
- Anal gland expression. We can help you with cleaning out those smelly glands as needed!
We do require rabies, distemper, and bordetella vaccines to be up-to-date at the time of grooming.
Why Pet Grooming is Important for Your Dog or Cat
In addition to maintaining your pet’s attractive appearance and cleanliness, there are other health benefits to grooming your pet regularly.
- Brushing removes dead hair, dirt, and dandruff.
- Regular brushing also helps to bring out the natural oils in your pet’s fur.
- Professional grooming allows us to check your dog for any abnormalities such as skin problems, ticks, fleas, dry areas, or other health-related issues inflammation or infections in their ears, teeth, or eyes. If we discover these health issues while grooming your dog, we can treat them right away.
When Should You Bring Your Dog or Cat In for a Pet Grooming?
The best time to bring your dog or cat in for a pet grooming is within the first two to three months after it’s born. The sooner you can train your pet to endure a grooming session, the more likely it is to cooperate. Therefore, we recommend scheduling an appointment within the first few weeks.
Early training can help you avoid real problems down the road such as dog or cat attacks and strong resistance to grooming tools. Regardless of when you bring your pet to be groomed, be prepared for any reactions the animal might exhibit to grooming tools or certain procedures such as nail or hair removal. These actions can create intense anxiety in an animal.
Schedule a Pet Grooming Service Today in Minneapolis, MN
If your pet needs a good brushing, hair or nail cut, or a professional shampoo, then contact Normandale Veterinary clinic today. We offer all the pet grooming services for all breeds of dogs and cats of various shapes and sizes. We also provide comprehensive medical treatment for injuries and medical conditions.
If you need emergency care or would like to schedule an appointment for medical treatment, call us at 952-831-8272 or send a message on our contact page.