Our furry family members are a bright spot in our lives. Whether they’re hanging out with you on your favorite chair or accompanying you on a walk around the block, having our pet pals around makes everything better. As pet owners, take the job of caring for them seriously. We want to do everything we can to make their lives healthier and happier.
Did you know that your pet’s long-term health is greatly improved by regular access to veterinary care? At Normandale Vet Hospital in Edina, keeping your pets bright-eyed and bushy-tailed is our top priority. In this blog entry, we’ve put together an important annual pet care checklist to keep tails wagging and happy all year long.
1. Update Vaccines - Making sure your pet’s vaccines are up-to-date is one of the most important steps you can take to protect them. Just like people, all animals are susceptible to communicable and airborne diseases, as well as parasites. Your Normandale vet can help you create a vaccine schedule to prevent a number of infections, which include hepatitis, parvovirus, rabies, distemper, and more.
2. Protect Against Parasites - Heartworms are a potentially life-threatening parasitic infection that can be acquired through mosquito bites. We can treat your pets for heartworms and a number of other parasites. We can also remove ticks safely to prevent tick-borne illness.
3. Clean Your Pet’s Teeth - Your dog might never shoot you an ear-to-ear grin, but a healthy mouth and healthy teeth will make them feel better, and that’s something everyone can smile about. Just like a human dentist, we’ll clean your pet’s teeth and remove plaque buildup.
4. Get Healthy - Some cats and dogs can benefit from adding a vitamin or supplement to their diet. Talk to one of our veterinary experts about your pet’s unique needs. We offer a complete online pharmacy with a wide range of healthcare solutions, from vitamins to allergy relief, and more.
5. Get Groomed - In the winter, pets’ coats tend to be thicker. Your pet can also get muddy or dirty with all of the snow and winter precipitation. Start the year off by pampering your pet with a hypoallergenic shampoo and grooming treatment. While you’re there, get your pet’s nails trimmed. After all, there’s nothing quite like a fresh manicure.
Make Healthy Pets Your New Year’s Resolution!
Whether your best friend has seen you through many holidays and birthdays or you’re just adding a new puppy to your family, make their good health a priority this year. At Normandale Veterinary Hospital, we understand the important connection pet owners feel with their pets, and we want to give you many long and happy years of good times.
To get your pet’s annual checkup scheduled, give us a call. Connect with a member of our veterinary care team at 952-831-8272, or visit our contact page to get your appointment on the calendar now and start the year off right.